Thursday, November 5, 2009

When It Works It's Wonderful (And Taken For Granted)

Halloween evening, I discovered that my land line had no dial tone. Because I was leaving town for a few days, I left it until my return.

Yesterday the phone repair was completed within an hour of my calling it in. During the time between Halloween and yesterday's repair, I relied on my cell alone.

Early this morning, around 3:00 am, my cell went nuts (waking me from a sound sleep) .... and all the messages sent to me earlier in the day suddenly appeared. There were texts and voice mails. I was half asleep so I'm not even sure that I didn't delete one of them before viewing and/or hearing it

I did wonder why I had not received any calls or texts yesterday.

Now I'm wondering if my trust in these very familiar tools is at all warranted.

One thing I know to do that I forget to do because I leave my cell on 24/7 .. I have been told that it is a good idea to turn my cell completely off at least once a day to reset or reboot.

I am pleased with the response from my phone company, Qwest. The repair was made in a timely manner without having to let anyone into the house. And the person I spoke with about the repair gave me tips to do a little trouble shooting on my own, first, if there is a next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment