Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"Undefined"

While experimenting with various "gadgets" easily available for addition to this blog, I made what I consider to be an interesting discovery.

I added two video bars along the side. I wanted the first to play only whatever has been posted on YouTube for the world renowned musical group, Pink Martini. So, during set up, I did not mark options that I did not want. However, it soon became very clear that YouTube read what I did (or didn't do) as "undefined". And so what showed up in the video bar was a sound described on YouTube by the person posting it as "undefined", a cacophonous, raucous sound that may be music to someone's ears but certainly not to mine.The album, "As I Lay Dying."

However, the lyrics are interesting:


what is this world, what is this we've created
in the burdens of this life I cannot rest
this world means nothing
everything we hold will pass away
with a void of completion comfort will ever fade
I long for this wind to cease
we once held undying devotion
now dead to our thoughts, undefined, like our love


Interesting aside, the ads that were here disappeared shortly thereafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment