Friday, October 8, 2010

Election Season 2010

I don't know about you but the mute button on my television clicker has been getting a work-out lately. The other day, I thought if I heard another political ad I'd find myself out in the street screaming and tearing out my hair.

Today I got my very first push poll of this political season, and a robo call, at that. I hate robo calls with a passion but I hate push polls even more. Push polls are just down right dishonest, an effort to push the uninformed into voting in a particular way (often against their best interests). Is there no shame?!?  Or is it just how we all play the game? Just a rhetorical question, of course.

And now, I find nasty, negative political ads on this blog. Of course, the joke is on them as no one actually ever reads this blog.

Update 10/27/2010 - Today I find positive ads here for Senator Ron Wyden, a true champion of the Pacific Northwest, and most particularly, of Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment